Bhuvan gives you an easy way to experience, explore and visualize IRS images over Indian region developed by ISRO(Indian Space Research Organization) with a very important role played by National Remote Sensing Agency.
Bhuvan hopes to offer superior imagery of Indian locations specifically with spatial resolutions ranging from 10 m to 100 m. But this kind of detail isn't readily available yet. If it were, Bhuvan would then be better than the free version of Google Earth, which can display up to 200m.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista;
- RAM: 512MB;
- Hard Disk: 2GB free space;
- Network Speed: 256 Kbits/sec;
- Graphics Card: 3D-capable with 32MB of VRAM;
- Screen: 1024x768, 32-bit True Color;
- To browse Bhuvan, you require the Bhuvan Plug-in which can be downloaded from this website, after registration and you will also need DirectX 9.0 or higher version (www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/) and MS .NET framework 2.0 or above for installing the plug-in.
Here are some of the features of Bhuvan, the Satellite Mapping Tool
- Access, explore and visualise 2D and 3D image data along with rich thematic information on Soil, wasteland, water resources etc.
- Visualise multi-resolution, multi-sensor, multi-temporal image data
- Superpose administrative boundaries of choice on images as required
- Visualisation of AWS ( Automatic Weather Stations) data/information in a graphic view and use tabular weather data of user choice
- Fly to locations ( Flies from the current location directly to the selected location)
- Heads-Up Display ( HUD) naviation controls ( Tilt slider, north indicator, opacity, compass ring, zoom slider)
- Navigation using the 3D view Pop-up menu (Fly-in, Fly out, jump in, jump around, view point)
- 3D Fly through (3D view to fly to locations, objects in the terrain, and navigate freely using the mouse or keyboard)
- Drawing 2D objects (Text labels, polylines, polygons, rectangles, 2D arrows, circles, ellipse)
- Drawing 3D Objects (placing of expressive 3D models, 3D polygons, boxes)
- Snapshot creation (copies the 3D view to a floating window and allows to save to a external file)
- Measurement tools (Horizontal distance, aerial distance, vertical distance, measure area)
- Shadow Analysis (it sets the sun position based on the given time creating shadows and effects the lighting on the terrain)
- Urban Design Tools (to build roads, junctions and traffic lights in an urban setting)
- Contour map ( Displays a colorized terrain map and contour lines)
- Draw tools (Creates simples markers, free hand lines, urban designs)